Before Jade was born I trained hard and enjoyed doing so.
This included attending a gym during the day as well as aerobics, step and circuit training classes three evenings a week.
I also enjoyed games of squash, badminton. swimming and jogging outdoors.
I have even played rugby on a professional rugby ground for charity.
Whilst Jade was alive I attempted to maintain a fitness regime however this was difficult, although I did continue to raise money for various causes.
Over the past fourteen years since losing Jade training has been hit and miss. Last year I was thoroughly enjoying being a member of a gym once again I started a challenge to raise money and began to feel better about myself when I became ill with pneumonia. This had quite an impact on my health due to residual fatigue as well as contributing to weight gain.
For quite a number of years I have talked about taking part in the London marathon as well as doing a significant 'climb'.
I have bought books and magazines to learn more about running as I had developed a real interest after I found that I enjoyed treadmill running at the gym. The distance and speed I was running was improving significantly before I became unwell, and the fact that I know I enjoy running outdoors has motivated me further.
My objective is to complete a 5k, 10k, half marathon and the London marathon in the space of a year.
My trainer Alan is a real morale booster and motivator who I know will push me to achieve my objective. We have discussed my ability and motivation to do this along with possible residual fatigue from the pneumonia.
We are making a slow start over the next couple of weeks to break through the stiffness barrier. We will then start with serious running, boxercise, kettlebells and skipping I am looking forward to blogging my journey.......
Quote for today:-
"Victory always starts in the head,
It's a state of mind."
Douchan Gerse, Author.
This included attending a gym during the day as well as aerobics, step and circuit training classes three evenings a week.
I also enjoyed games of squash, badminton. swimming and jogging outdoors.
I have even played rugby on a professional rugby ground for charity.
Whilst Jade was alive I attempted to maintain a fitness regime however this was difficult, although I did continue to raise money for various causes.
Over the past fourteen years since losing Jade training has been hit and miss. Last year I was thoroughly enjoying being a member of a gym once again I started a challenge to raise money and began to feel better about myself when I became ill with pneumonia. This had quite an impact on my health due to residual fatigue as well as contributing to weight gain.
For quite a number of years I have talked about taking part in the London marathon as well as doing a significant 'climb'.
I have bought books and magazines to learn more about running as I had developed a real interest after I found that I enjoyed treadmill running at the gym. The distance and speed I was running was improving significantly before I became unwell, and the fact that I know I enjoy running outdoors has motivated me further.
My objective is to complete a 5k, 10k, half marathon and the London marathon in the space of a year.
My trainer Alan is a real morale booster and motivator who I know will push me to achieve my objective. We have discussed my ability and motivation to do this along with possible residual fatigue from the pneumonia.
We are making a slow start over the next couple of weeks to break through the stiffness barrier. We will then start with serious running, boxercise, kettlebells and skipping I am looking forward to blogging my journey.......
Quote for today:-
"Victory always starts in the head,
It's a state of mind."
Douchan Gerse, Author.
No comments:
Post a Comment