Friday, September 14

Quads.....

Wednesday saw me up at 5am in preparation for my day ahead .

Work began at 7am and ended at 8pm. And for once I was away on time which is very rare these days.

I was due at the gym at 9pm, which is close to where I live so is around a half hour journey from the hospital. 

As I entered the gym Alan my trainer was putting someone through his paces so i warmed up on the treadmill.

It was then my turn, we started with squats and lunges using bar bells which are within a frame so I took the weight of the bar bell however the frame stopped you from losing your balance. I have not used this before and thought it was pretty clever.

We then moved round the machines working my biceps, triceps, shoulders, deltoids well the whole of my arms through different lifts.

I did dead lifts worked my abs and obliques working on 50 reps for each movement.

I finished my training with kettle bells.

My legs were quite shaky and felt quite like jelly especially as I returned downstairs the the changing room.

Yesterday my legs continued to feel like jelly and gradually my quads began to stiffen..as did my arms.

This morning well what can I say lol!!!! the second day is always the worst ...

I am booked in again on Monday after work, the plan is more treadmill, more machines, free weights and boxercise.

Once we have worked through the stiffness the number of days and length of training will increase.

Bring it on lol.


Quote for the day:

"Start early and begin raising 
the bar throughout the day"

Bruce Jenner, Athlete.     

No comments: