Our kitchen is almost finished. At the moment i am averaging one day a week off so thought i would add a short post on my blog......hence a photo of my kitchen.
I am at home on mother's day so my mum's coming over and i have got Casey overnight. When i am working so much i almost feel a stranger in my own home. I am lucky that Vin keeps up to some of the housework for us. After this holiday i have said i will do less hours...but this is not the first time i have said this. I am impatient wanting things done in the garden as well as our holidays, also we have had quite a lot of sickness at work, so have been short staffed.
I was approached by our palliative/McMillan nurse about a secondment coming up at sisters level and asked if i would be interested. I really am and was previously when she asked me a couple of years ago to Shadow her with the view to me becoming a McMillan nurse. I have a strong feeling that i will be unable to apply as there is going to be a big change in my role soon for the new hospital... with the new title expert coordinator...which sounds very grand lol. It means i will be extra to numbers and responsible for the full planning and implementation of all patient care amongst a lot of other new responsibility's.
I have had to change my exercise regime as it has started to cause arthritic pain due to change in my hormone levels. As long as i am able to remain fit and healthy, lose weight and maintain it and of course raise money i will be happy. I have always enjoyed very physical and fast moving exercise but because my grandma was eventually disabled by osteoarthritis i am not taking any chances. The worst pain i have is in both my knees, shoulders, back and right hip, probably caused by strenuous exercise over the years and genetics.
Work has been really hectic and demanding which equals very tiring... which is an unusual comment for me to make...again i blame my changing hormones and don't like feeling tired...i don't give in easily!!!!
I am looking to do the 3 peak challenge this summer. I have taken advice and apparently climbing will be fine.
Three weeks on Monday we leave for The Gambia....Shaun and Nicci leave for Goa this coming Monday so i am not wishing the time away as their holiday will be over when we go. But i am looking forward to going.
Vin's about to start a tattoo on my right foot...it will be black and electric blue. [I will post it on here when it is finished]. There will be five blue flowers and the stem to each flower will be the initial of each of my children N P L S J......it will also say live, love and laugh in a lovely font. The fairy on my back is also going to be finished off and a couple of sunflowers added.
Thought for today:-
"A loving heart is the truest wisdom"
Charles Dickens, Writer.
No comments:
Post a Comment