I cannot believe how the time passes so quickly. My updates have been non existent as you can see.
Go ape will now take place after Christmas probably around the end of January. The first time I contacted Go ape I was told to phone them two weeks before to book. I did this and was told it was fully booked, then was given the opposite information. I am doing well with sponsorship for The Gambia. The charity night has also been postponed but have some fab ideas.
Once I have returned to The Gambia and worked with Petra we will know exactly where the money is going and approx how much we will need on a year in year out basis.
I have found it difficult to approach people for dual sponsorship so will look at doing something for the crater mid year next year if I can raise a yearly amount as well as what Vin's hoping to do towards the crater I think that will be easier.
So training at last is about to start...I have been working mostly six 13hr shifts a week and finding the management side of things tiring so have not had the energy.
As you can see here Vin has been his usual busy self, the kitchen has been updated apart from the work tops which are going to be replaced with pine. The front and side gardens have had more time spent on them lots of bushes have been removed and brick pillars and more fencing built. We have now decided how we actually want it to look. Vin made the bench for underneath the window as his starting point although the flags it is on are to be replaced.
I am pleased with how the bungalow is looking but we are hoping to hang up Vin's tools middle of next year when the porch has been built and just continue to maintain. The bungalow has taken a lot of time, money and work since we moved in.
I have taken photo's of the photo's we took when we moved in. Which was February 2003.
Last weekend we were busy sorting out car boot items we have been given it took all weekend but we now have our loft back and Vin has been able to set up his easel. He loves working up in the loft whist watching TV, it helps him to unwind. Hopefully doing car boots in time for Christmas is the best time to choose.
We are going to the friends of Lochnager reunion dinner on the 31st October which is eight years exactly to the day Vin and myself had our blind date. I don't know how we have managed to fit everything in and we have so much more ahead..... we hope. On the 30th Lee and Shaun and thier partners are travelling with us and we are having a night out with Nichola and Justin as they live in Nottingham. Paul and Jody are unable to make it this time.
Again we are going to Belgium and the Somme for Armistice week. We are travelling with Jules and Martin and will meet up with the friends of Lochnagar and a few friends who live in France. Jules returns to Australia the day after our return and has invited us to his wedding in 2011. Martin will be travelling with us for the first time in a long while. We haven't got together as often since he met Suzi and moved to Wales. The week will be special it's also Vin's birthday whilst we are over there which we are now used to celebrating at Charlotte's Varlet farm.
Our trip to Belgium and the Somme during September went really well with my daughter Nichola and her partner. We all really enjoyed our time together and Nichola has now found a new interest. Can you believe I forgot my camera!!!!
Thought for today:-
"A friend is one before whom I may think aloud."
Ralph Waldo Emerson [1803-1882], USA.
No comments:
Post a Comment