Friday, September 4

Dolly


We should have returned from France and Belgium this week with my sister and brother in law, but my brother in law's mum sadly past away.

Dolly was the head of the largest family in Yorkshire. Because of this she appeared on Kilroy and also in The Daily Mirror and other local papers.

Dolly was widowed at an early age when her youngest children were still young. As with a lot of people Dolly suffered a lot of sadness but also a lot of happiness.

The times I was in her company I found her to be always very smart and with a good sense of humour. She loved to have fun and wasn't shy at wearing fancy dress.

She loved and had time for all her 12 children,and 123 grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great great grandchildren.

And of course she was loved as much back which was reflected at the funeral.

Posting this on here is my way of paying my respects to Dolly and her family who I have shared many happy times with [including both trips to The Gambia]. I was unable to attend the funeral with Vin and so unable to pay my respects on the day.

I have photo's but don't appear to be able to upload them at present but will keep working at it and publish them on here asap.

Thought for today:-

"Memory is the mother of all wisdom."

Aeschylus [525-456 BC], Greece

No comments: