Over a week has passed by and I am still not feeling very well, which I find very irritating.... I also feel as though I am playing truant from work.
It's my mums 70Th birthday tomorrow, I can't let the day pass without taking her prezzies so I hope I haven't caught anything contagious....it does feel like a virus.
I ordered her card via moon pig which if they turn out as good as they look on the computer I will be thrilled to bits. I uploaded a photograph that my mum has been wanting for a while so I think it will be a nice surprise. The price is very good too.
This morning I was early in the garden and found that my first sunflower had opened,[which I am thrilled about....our rabbit ate last years, lol], the rain and the sun are really doing there job. The gladioli haven't flowered yet but appear very healthy. My french marigolds are in abundance looking lovely and colourful. Our herbs and veggies as well as a few of the flowers I have already put on my blog continue to bloom. A few others look a bit wilted from the heavy rain.
We are looking forward to plants opening that have been recently potted into new pots we bought on our return from France. I love going into the garden and finding newly opened flowers. There's often a nice surprise because we have forgotten what we have bought, and where others are planted. Also some of last years are reappearing, the nasturtions in particular looked lovely last year around 'Jade's garden', and they are now winding there way around her water feature. It would be fantastic if they were in blossom for the barbecue.
We are late this year with our hanging baskets, I want them nice and fresh for Jade's 10Th memorial barbecue on the 23rd August. I was going to arrange yellow and white but have decide to go for pink, lilac and white where possible.... Those were the colours Jade looked prettiest in.
Today's thought:-
"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand but in what direction we are moving"
Oliver Wendell Holmes. Writer.
No comments:
Post a Comment