I start working seven night shifts from today. I have been catching up on all those jobs women enjoy!!!!! so i haven't been on my blog for a short while. Today i came across photos of our garden covered in snow over the easter weekend. Thats when i realised easter had been and gone while i have been busy working. My sons managed to fit in visits around my shifts which helped me through the weekend.
Apart from the usual chores we have had contact from our friends in the gambia. And contact from Richard regarding the lochnagar crater on the somme. There is a lot of safety work needed over there, to give peace of mind. Richard is a very thoughtful person with lots of useful knowledge to share, i always enjoy our conversations and then of course the get togethers on the Somme. We will be heading for the crater mid may,when the gardening posts should really start to take off along with ours at home.
My last night shift...ending friday morning...coincides with some very special friends arriving that tea time..Jules from Manchester, Martin from Wales, Yvonne from London and Tony and Jilly from Portsmouth. We met during a nine day trip of the Dambusters, [ww11 memorabilia] almost six years ago and we have remained loyal friends since, having shared some very special times together including two weddings. Unfortunatly there was one other person Bob who's unable to be with us in person,...Yvonnes lovely late husband... he managed to join us when we lived in Cornwall a short while after our holiday, but was then taken ill with a dense stroke. We still remember him especially when we get together. So my post weekend blogs will be full of new stuff from the weekend and a few memories. We refer to ourselves as The gang.... and can't wait to catch up. We are a mixture of ages we ranged from 70yrs young down to 35 when we first met...the 70 yr old being our liveliest and who loves to party with the rest of us....watch this space lol
Todays thought:-
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it".
W Clement Stone. Businessman.
2 comments:
Hi Lynn, Cat here again. At Davids so looking in on your blog.I dont envy you doing 7 nights, I find 4 enough all in one go, but it depends how the off duty goes I suppose. It's great that you have all your friends to come and see you. Hope to see you at work soon.I loved talking to you the other night when I'd woken up and couldnt sleep!!!Am feeling much better, just need to convince the powers that be that I am fit to return next week.
Hi Cat lovely to recieve your comment. I was hoping to catch you when you picked david up from work, but....well you know me always a tale to rell and never get off on time lol. I really enjoyed our chat too and am looking forward to seeing you back and well again. I start back on nights Thursday...i ams almost forgetting what day shifts are like!!!!
Post a Comment