Tuesday, April 22

My neglected blog

My lap top is as tired as i am today, i seem to be waiting an age to get onto what i am looking for. Its a week since i posted anything, its been a mixture of nights, fitting in our friends, a family 40th birthday party....Jaynes....after which libby came home with us until it was time for my night shift the following day. Then of course there's all the usual womanly work... when i have had the energy.....poor me ...lol. Tonight we are staying at my sisters...another late night followed by a night shift tomorrow and three thirteen hour days....friday, saturday and sunday!!!!

Yesterday when i woke from my night shift the sun was out and Vin was busy in the garden so between us we managed to do a lot of work..in fact it was late evening before we had realised how much time had passed. I took some photo's on my new phone to try it out,so i could post them ...the battery ran out.... and the photo's i have just discovered weren't saved..never mind time for plenty more.

Libby was pleased to see her flowers were still alive and pretty, i was pleased because it was the first thing she asked to look at when she woke.

I have recieved a letter from the SOS about child sponsorship, so i am quite excited about getting moving with that. Our friends from The Gambia stay in touch which is great, my sister has had Kalifa on her web cam...thats our next purchase...a cam with mouth piece...apparently asda has sold out...so maybe another search. Our first search was the Nintendo wii...it took a few months....but worth it, we have had great fun on the sports with our friends. Vin has paid a small amount to hold the keep fit part which comes out on friday.. he has to be there on the day to obtain it. Its a birthday present for me next week....no photo's will be posted of that.... lol.

I am so excited ....since i bought bright feather i have recieved a lot of mail telling me of similar items...today a leaflet and info arrived ... of a beautiful sculpted porcelain figure, she stands 32 inches high costumed in faux suede, with beads and feathers...includes a bow and quiver and is stood on a rock base...... I will post a picture of her as soon as she arrives the figure's called 'The Quest for Strength'.....couldn't resist and have got a special place waiting for her.

I have books crying out to be read....plus course work to continue....i feel very spoilt when i am able to sit and read a good book, but know if i do thats it!!!! Before we left for Gambia on the Saturday afternoon i thought i will start to read this particular book about two women in Afghanistan.... a nice thickish one.... i had plenty of jobs to do and family visiting for mothers day etc., so would only read a short bit, then i could finish it on holiday.....i finished reading it the next day after the mothers days visits.... lol I have a book at the side of me, a friend passed it on....based in 1960s Nigeria,on my book shelves a martin luther King novel and ww11 based stories i have been promising to read, then of course have bought several books on all types of gardening, birds and garden centres that would put a halt to everything lol.... so first things first is arranging a family get together of my children and their partners for a meal...thats such a task you cannot believe, Nichola lives in Nottingham and works till late fridays and of course the boys have various commitments as well as all their partners...then there's my shifts, they all keep asking when is it going to happen....lol.

So i have decided this May's France visit and holidays i will be staying at home and will meet up with Vin in June. We have both decided it makes sense so i can catch up. Especially as the garden needs constant work ready for the all day,'ten year celebration of Jades life' barbeque on the 23rd August.

Todays thought:-

"Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you".

Mary Kay Ash Businesswoman

2 comments:

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Lynn. Cat here again. I have had lots of time to read and read and read and generally go mad and be driven up the walls.How I wish I could be back at work and catching with you and catching up on all the gossip. David sent me your best wishes and thanks for those. I am having trouble staying sane at the moment lol. Too much time on my hands and being unable to do anything too taxing.Your time in the gambia sounds wonderful and at the same time moving.I have no internet access at the moment so I will continue to look in on your blog whenever I'm at Davids.Look forward to seeing you soon at work......

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat i love it when i recieve a comment from you. I am glad you are making sure you are well before you return. You really aren't missing anything at work, but i can understand your boredom. Good you can catch up with some reading though, and spend time with David and Tom. I haven't managed so well with my blogs as you will have noticed...david does so well. I am going to try to post more and get back into a routine again. you continue to take care...